Previous offer: Starting January 31, 2019, get a 15% discount on any stock image subscription in Shutterstock. This discount is applicable to new customers only.
And now we also have a discount for stock footage. This special coupon code gives you 30% off your purchase of footage with individual clips and video packs.
And this one below gives you 15% off in all Footage products including clips, packs, and video subscriptions!
Shutterstock is one of the biggest stock photo agencies online nowadays, and they call themselves clean, user-friendly, and elegant. Shutterstock caters not just to individual designers, but also to those corporations that are in need of numerous stock images. This is the main reason why they only have a subscription-only buying model. A few years back, they have included in their stock photo shop the option that doesn’t require a big investment or an option to download a smaller amount of stock photos.
To expand their stock library, they recently acquired Bigstock, which is previously known as Bigstockphoto. They did this in order for them to increase their market share and customers' options without any change in their own library at Shutterstock.
They are a very big stock agency, innovative and international. Currently, they are the leading agency in the microstock industry and continue to add new images, footage, updates to their library every day.
- Searchable by: a keyword or phrase, categories, licenses, and buying options that you like with more detailed categories. Shutterstock is very easy to use.
- They also offer free images every week to registered users.
- Their shop has many available languages as they are selling photos internationally:
- Shutterstock is based in New York, USA but supporting internationally with different languages and contact options.
- Shutterstock has now over 75 million in its collection (this is the largest royalty free collection in the world), with more than 50,000 images added to their library every day.
- Shutterstock has more than 3 million video clips
- Shutterstock has different kinds of images namely: photos, vectors, illustrations icons.
- They also have videos (short clips) and music.
- Shutterstock started their company in 2003 and was founded by a photographer.
- They accept different credit cards for payments like Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, and JCB.
- The enhanced license is also available at Shutterstock with a limited selection of photos from their library.
- Their standard license has more advantages than the other stock agencies.
- Their stock images are of a very high quality.
As mentioned above, Shutterstock is a subscription-only stock agency. They are offering standard license and on-demand subscriptions, and they also have an enhanced subscription for alternate licensing options.
The subscription buying options in Shutterstock are clearly defined.
- Shutterstock got rid of the 25-a-day product (which they had before) and replaced it with more flexible options, which is now known as the no more daily download limits
- Shutterstock has an annual subscription, which you will be paying monthly for a year, which is good because you will not be paying upfront (plus you will have savings of 20% with the annual subscription).
- Their subscription varies in different criteria, so please check the parameters carefully.
Shutterstock Licensing Options
Above, we already mentioned that Shutterstock has standard and enhanced licensing options but are limited images available. They have stated clearly in their shop that images cannot be used for templates for sale, but they can use them as a merchandising option. You should be reading and comprehend their licensing terms and conditions so that you will not be using their images incorrectly, and you should know where you can get the enhanced license.
Shutterstock Add-on and Special Features
Free Images – As a registered user, you can get 2 free images weekly, one is a stock photo and the other is a vector image. This will be a very nice bonus being a member of Shutterstock
Graphic Design Tips and Tricks – If you are a graphic designer, then this is best for you. This is a section where there are helpful resources written by Shutterstock submitters talking different topics on how to enhance your designs.
Blog – Just like other company sites, Shutterstock is posting daily useful information, tips, guides, tutorials, and many more to help you enhance your designing skills.
Summary and Conclusion
Shutterstock is one of the biggest stock agencies online nowadays. They only offer a subscription-based plan. They have over 75 million images that you can choose from with vectors, illustrations, movie clips, music, and many more. Shutterstock offers 2 images per day for registered users.
If you want to take advantage of the free images from Shutterstock, then register at Shutterstock today.